Monday 1 November 2010

Movember is here!

Hello blog fans! Before I start, I'd like to give a shout out to the lovely Emma Crumplin, Danielle Pepper, Vicki Morley, Kaitlyn Martin and Emma Bennett, for being such lovely housemates. They definitely did not ask me to say this, they're far too classy for that!

A day late, I know, but are you really surprised? In my defence, I had an essay deadline this morning so last night I was getting all the finishing touches done and was sadly in no mood to blog. A somewhat feeble excuse it's true, but then it's the best I've got as I've been busy preparing for a somewhat momentus event...

Movember!

Now being such good followers of mine, you'll surely know that I've been planning this for a couple of weeks. Anyone that doesn't know what Movember is, shame on you! Essentially it started as a bit of a laugh between a few mates in Australia, bringing the good old moustache back in the month of November. But the next year they realised the potential and decided to use it to raise money...and managed to raise a pretty decent amount! I forget exactly what is was, but I know I was impressed. And I'm only fairly easily impressed.

Basically, year on year they repeated this event, and as the years rolled by other countries took notice and joined in. This year I have decided to give it a go and see if I can't raise a little bit of dosh for a very worthy cause; this year all money raised goes towards The Prostate Cancer Charity.

Personally I think this is an absolutely brilliant idea. Not just because it's a fun way to raise money, but because there is so much going on to raise money for breast cancer charities, and very little for variants that are more likely to affect men. Don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely fantastic the amount of things happening to raise money to fight breast cancer, and I realise it can affect men as well. It's just great to also see people trying to raise money for another cause, particularly since one in ten men suffer from prostate cancer in the UK.

Anyone who knows me in person will hopefully have stopped giggling at me by this point; unfortunately I have some difficulty in the facial hair department. So I've started a week early to try and have some sort of decent moustache by the end of it. Anyway, I'm hoping I will look something like this by the time Movember is through:



Pretty sexy right? However, at the present time I simply look like this:



Oh dear, it's going to be a long month...but, you can help make it better by donating to my Movember page! Even if it's just a pound of two, it all adds up!



Please, if you can donate please do! Anyway, that's all from me folks, hope you have an awesome week and donate lots of money so that we can beat prostate cancer with sexy, sexy moustaches.

~ Toby

4 comments:

Emmmaaaa said...

yay for meeeee :D

Kat K. said...

yay for Movember!! lol good luck wiv the facial hair haha . . . maybe if you think about it reallllly a lot it'll be like "well hey I bet he really wants this mustache . . maybe i'll grow" hahahaha :) xx

Clare said...

I'mma still gonna be giggling at you in the seminar that must not be named. Even if you are asleep.

Nous Avons La Rage said...

We need an update on the 'tash, its been sixteen days Toby, get yer' lip out.

Creative Commons Licence
Not tonight dear, I have a headache. by Toby Cadenhead is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.