Sunday 21 November 2010

Damn you, facial hair!

Okay, so I realise I haven't been very good at updating lately...again. Honestly though, I am just ridiculously busy at the moment. I am doing my best to get it done, but it means finding a moment in between univeristy, the various societies I'm part of, and of course the obligatory amount of drinking I must keep up.

You will be pleased to hear, however, that I am still continuing with Movember! Hurray! Huzzah! Wizzo! That's right, I'm bringing the 50s slang back.

Now, I say I am continuing. What I mean by this is the fact that I'm continuing not to shave...sadly, this does not seem to make much difference. My facial hair continues to grow at about the same speed as a snail crossing the road.

Normally this would be fine. I hate shaving, so much. Due to the flabby nature of my face it can be somewhat tricky at times, so I tend to leave it a few days in between. Here the fact that I can't grow facial hair comes in handy, because no one notices I have stubble until several days down the line. However, when trying to grow a moustache in order to raise money for a very admirable charity, the fact it doesn't grow can throw a bit of a spanner in the works.

But other than the embarassment, it has given me a bit of insight into the world of moustaches, and after much thought and deliberation I've come to a very concrete conclusion.

I hate moustaches.

They are so very, very itchy. Very scratchy, very itchy, very annoying! It wasn't so bad at first, and now I'm kind of getting used to it, but there was a definite period in the middle where I was tempted to shave it off (luckily I didn't! Who would have donated to me otherwise?!). Grrr. Angry face...made that much less angry by this silly bit of fluff on my upper lip!

I'm very aware that it is there still. I might get a few moments where I forget about it, but most of the time I'm extremely conscious that there are several incredibly uncomfortable bristles chilling out on my face. And the worse part of it is no one else can see the bloody thing...

I think I'd be able to handle it a lot better if people could see it, but when people are starting to come up to me three weeks in and exclaiming "Oh I can sort of see something!" it does put a bit of a damper on morale. But I shall persevere! Only nine more days to go and then I can shave the damn thing off...right in time to open my first chocolate on the advent calender!

Anyway, that's all from me I think. I'll do my best to give you another update next week. In the mean time, you can check out my (pitiful) Movember progress on the Facebook page here. And you can actually donate to my cause here.

Please do donate guys, all the money goes to help The Prostate Cancer Charity, a very worthy cause!

~ Toby

No comments:

Creative Commons Licence
Not tonight dear, I have a headache. by Toby Cadenhead is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.